Welcome to our Men’s Shed in East Kilbride
East Kilbride Men’s Shed is a community organisation aimed at encouraging members of the East Kilbride and surrounding communities from, 18y and over, to be more socially active.
This is achieved through sharing of skills and knowledge with other members and stop the social isolation commonly found in older men.
We Help Voluntary Organisations
The group work on projects to help other voluntary organisations including other charities using our skills and expertise.
We have helped a number of local groups:
- Remap who make aids for disabled people.
- East Kilbride Drama group where we built and altered props for plays
- Greenbank Childrens woodland project provided support by repairing and making equipment.
- NHS Lanarkshire Occupational therapists.
- Repaired a dolls house to auction for a charity.
- Produced Christmas decorations blanks for a mental illness charity
- East Kilbryde Hospice
But the most productive aspect is the cups of tea and meeting new friends, having fun and getting a laugh.
We are a Local Charity
East Kilbride Men’s Shed is a Scottish Charity, regulated by the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) SC048316